Naturally, with typos that I didn’t notice until after I sent it in. *facepalm*
I’m mostly sure the few I’ve found are all there was, and I’m hoping it doesn’t influence any judging, but… yeesh.
I’ve also used the story for my free five print copies from winning NaNoWriMo last year. (It was in reviewing the proof copy that I found those mistakes.)
I’d rather have used that code on a novel, instead of a short story, but this entry was the only thing ready in time to use the code.
And finally, I decided I’m going to start work on a book of short stories and some prologues that fit in my “Pioneers of the Shattered Waters” theme.
I think I’ll call it “Tome of Beginnings,” or something like that.
It would eventually contain such short stories as provide origin stories, whether to specific characters or specific events, within my worlds–including at least one alternative origin to certain creatures that show up partway through The Graft–as well as some of the lengthier prologues, such as the one to The Graft.
The prologues will also show up on this site, and the short stories will also be sent along to magazines or sold as individual e-books. Tome of Beginnings is just a collection I’d like to eventually make, for those readers that would like to see them collected in a single print book.
- Short Story Tuesday – (Review) The Lovers, by Bessie Head (readinpleasure.wordpress.com)
- Writing a New Book: Day 6: Free-Writing and a Teaser (wordsmithworks.org)
- 100 Words 100 Times (writingtipsforbetterwriting.wordpress.com)
- Am I ready for NaNoWriMo? (run4joy59.wordpress.com)
- Camp NaNo, day 24 (run4joy59.wordpress.com)
- Why I Hate NaNoWriMo (princessfitzgerald.wordpress.com)
(I disagree with this person’s reasons, but to each their own. And the person does have good points, if an occasionally skewed perspective.)
- You Are A Short Story, He Was A Novel (thoughtcatalog.com)